Saturday, December 8, 2012

BBC World Service DRM @ 5875 kHz, 8 Dec 2012

Even though 3955 kHz is still a QRM disaster (someone loves using their plasma TV at night), it was unusually strong, to the extent I could actually decode a couple seconds of audio here and there. It gave me hope that propagation would continue to be good once BBC migrated to 5875 kHz.


It started pretty well, with very little fading. Of course this wasn't going to last, but I had long runs of continuous audio and Journaline was working.


It took about an hour to successfully populate all of the headline content, probably because of MSC frame loss.


I was kind of hoping for full blown articles. At a data rate of 67.5 B/s, it doesn't seem like it's transmitting constantly, otherwise the Journaline stream could have delivered a lot more than just headlines.

I also got EPG schedule data out to a week, not that it'll dictate when I'm able to tune in. Going from 2-4 am isn't something I'm interested in doing every weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment