Monday, September 17, 2012

WR-G31DDC Excalibur may need to warm up

All those times where I've complained about large frequency offsets and non-stop drifting may have been a result of the Excalibur's oscillator. Most times that I've observed this happening on The Disco Palace is when I just turn the receiver on, and when it's stable and only off about 5 Hz is when the receiver has been on for about an hour, because I've been monitoring Voice of Nigeria DRM before and complaining about the drift there.

As an experiment a few days ago, I left the Excalibur on, but did not activate the DDC pressing the On/Off button in the GUI. The result was immediate frequency offset, so it's not enough to leave the receiver powered on, and there's the possibility that exiting the GUI would cause offsets to come back after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment