Monday, August 6, 2012

RTTY notes on 20 m

On many occasions when listening on the amateur radio bands I rarely hear a complete exchange on digital modes.

Case in point, around 21:30 UTC K4ADR (Florida USA) comes in on 14088 kHz with -85 dBm signal power, and makes the following contacts:

  • SP4EOO (Poland)
  • SP5ECC (Poland)
  • RW0LIF/6 (Russia)
  • AD2Q (USA)
  • OZ5NJ (Denmark)
  • DG4NAT (Germany)
  • IZ1UJM (Italy)
  • SQ7EQB (Poland)
And I only know because K4ADR copied back those, except for DG4NAT whose reply I did hear, and maybe a IZ0PMV that was later on another frequency.

Maybe I'm just not on beam and all those operators have directional antennas pointed towards Florida. Or maybe I need even more gain than I already have, but that's not going to happen any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment